Wednesday, May 12, 2010

New Album Releases

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to write a quick mention about some of the newest music that I'm listening to. The new Vampire Weekend album, Contra, is absolutely incredible. I suggest you get it soon! Next, the new Gorillaz album, Plastic Beach, is one of my favorite albums right now. Damon Albarn, the old front man of Blur (which I also love) has come back again with an awesome electronic/hip-hop album. I definitely encourage you to get this one.

Next, we have the Black Keys newest album called Brothers. This album is incredible, full of great drum beats and distorted guitars. They really know what they're doing and if you haven't listened to this album yet, you are truly missing out. Next, we have the new collaboration of James Mercer (front man from The Shins, which I also love) and Dangermouse (partner in crime with Cee-Lo from Gnarls Barkley). Their new project called Broken Bells has some very nice songs on it, although not every song is great on the album. It's a unique sound mixture of acoustic guitar, steady drum beats, and hints of electronic music.

Well, that's all for now, but if I find any more albums that are really blowing my mind, I will be sure to let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment